Hey guys! 👋
A few weeks ago I really felt like some popcorn chicken so I looked up a recipe and it only had tapioca starch and I thought that sounded a bit boring so I decided to make my own recipe up! 🤩
I tested this recipe every week for a few weeks (to my family’s delight 😍) and thought that it was good enough to put on my blog! 🤤
So yesterday I made it for dinner and took pics of me making it so I could put it here! 🍿🐔
Let’s get into it!!!!!!!!! 🤤🤤🤤
(I would recommend that you have a second person helping you make this, I had my mum, she helped cook them so that they all wouldn’t burn)
Time: about 45 mins prep and 30 mins cooking 🍽
Makes: enough for 5 people (about 10-12 each)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chicken bone broth powder (optional if you don’t have it )
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 eggs
- Around 1 kg free-range chicken breast
- Ghee for frying
1. Measure the all chicken coating ingredients into medium sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Get 2 baking trays and line them with baking paper.
4. Whisk the eggs in a different bowl and add the chopped up chicken. Mix the eggs and chicken together (this is much eaiser then dipping them individually).
5. Put about half of the chicken coating in a different bowl.
6. Lay some pieces of chicken in the larger bowl, then sprinkle the other bowl’s coating on top and then just toss it to get the coating to stick.
7. Place the pieces of coated chicken on to the baking paper lined trays and repeat step 6 until all the chicken has been used up.
8. Put about enough ghee to cover the bottom of the pans in 4 pans (it makes it way faster to have more pans) and heat on medium-high heat the ghee until it is melted and hot.
9. Place chicken in the pan(s) (careful not to over crowd) and once they are nice and golden-brown and crispy on one side, flip them over to cook on the other side.
10. UPDATE: When you think they are done ( I cut one in half to make sure) place the popcorn chickens on a paper towel lined plate (this helps to keep ’em nice and crispy) and then cook the rest, cleaning the pans and replacing the ghee in between batches to prevent the old bits of coating burning.
11. Once all the popcorn chickens are cooked, serve them up! (maybe with a salad or something)
Thanks so much for reading this post guys!! 😁
I hope you looooooove this delish recipe! 🍿🐔
GUYS I CAN’T BELIEVE THERE IS ONLY 15 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS 2021!!! 🎄
Welp, byee guys!!
Potatoes Out! (and happy eating! 🍴)
4 thoughts on “Healthy 💪 Popcorn 🍿 Chicken 🐔 (with pictures!)”
Thanks so much!! 😘
Sounds delicious! You’ll soon have your own cooking show on TV. So proud!!!!! 💕❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks so much Nana! 😘